Friday, August 28, 2009

Vintage 1930s film: Top Hat



















Top Hat was released in 1935 and stars Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Fred is suave, Ginger is dreamy and the film is surprisingly funny. Jerry (Fred) and Dale (Ginger) are attracted to each other from the go, but a case of mistaken identity and a careless marriage prolong the achievement of romantic bliss. Edward Everett Horton and Helen Broderick play their long married and cheerfully manipulative friends.

Unsurprisingly, there's lots of fabulous dancing and the sweet old song "Cheek to Cheek".
Checkout the clip above to watch Jerry hoof and meet the lovely Dale for the first time. This is my favorite costume of Ginger's in the film. I love the satin and lace. Talk about your glamorous night clothes and bedchamber. Lush!

1 comment:

Knitting In The Stacks said...

I love Fred. I own several of his movies. My favorite is Holiday Inn.


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010