Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Burlesque Costume Workshop at Lili's Burlesque Academy



Lola Bel Aire photo above from Atomic Pin Up




Photo above from Sugar Bomb Daddy



Sally Rand with her fans. Find feather fan kits at Ostrich.com



You can be sparkly like Dita with crystals!

Try Rhinestone Guy for Swarovski crystals

Photo from: http://parisatelier.blogspot.com/2009/03/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

On Sunday afternoon, I went to a costume workshop held by Lili's Burlesque Academy in Minneapolis and I had a terrific time! Taught by the lovely Burlesque dancer Lola Bel Aire (above)the class was two hours of tips, tricks, beaded fringe and Swarovski crystals. Lola showed off some of her beautiful costumes and I took copious notes, hoping to glam up a bit for my husband and who knows? I'm taking beginning dancing at the academy; maybe I'll end up in the student showcase in the spring.

If you would be interested in other Lili's workshops, such as Overcoming Stage Fright and Hair and Makeup (I'll be there) click Lili's Academy PDF

No comments:


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010