Monday, November 24, 2008

New Beauty for Old


You know how every so often you just want to scrap the way you look and start over? You decide that none of your products are working and you need to replace them all? Well, I've had that itch lately. Paula Begoun at http://www.cosmeticscop.com/ recently gave a list of the best inexpensive beauty products, which spurred me on.

So, with the guidance of Paula and More magazine, I've purchased some new things lately with hopes of better results.

Body lotion:

Former: Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion with Soothing Oat Essence
New: Olay Quench Body Lotion Active Hydration with Green Tea and Vitamin Complex

Aveeno is the best I've found so far, but I still tend to get pretty dry in the winter, so...

Concealer:

Former: L'oreal Infallible 16 Hour Concealer: 676 Fair/Light
New: L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer: Fair/Light W 1-2-3

I've been happy with the L'oreal Infallible, which comes in a stick, until recently. Now it does not seem to blend in well. It sits on my dry skin and calls attention to it.

True Match is a liquid formula that applies with a brush. I'm not sure that I think it covers well enough, but I need to get used to applying it before a true judgement.

In order to help out with the dry skin, and per an article on concealing in More, I also bought some Ulta Professional Foundation Primer, to put under the concealer.

Blush:

Current: Milani Powder Blush #08 Luminous
Newest: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush: #25 Rose Petal

The Milani is great. A peachier shade than I'm used to, but very pretty. The Dream Mousse is a lovely color and I'm hoping it will work well with my skin as it becomes drier this winter.

Mascara:

Although I was happy with my Maybelline XXL (see previous post), I had to try new Maybelline XXL Extensions.

So, these are my foolish new hopes. After I've tested them out for awhile, I'll let you know how they do for me.

Here are some basics for you, for comparison. I am very fair skinned. I tend to be dry in winter and I also tend to break out around the side of my nose, if I do at all. I have brown spots on my face and under my eyes that I want to cover. I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I like dramatic lashes and red lips, with neutral shadow. This is not often reflected in my daily look, but I'm trying to bridge that gap. I like vintage beauty looks, especially the 1940s. So, there you are.

No comments:


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010