Thursday, September 18, 2008

My top ten



I keep track of all of the books that I read in a burgundy faux-suede covered journal. I've been doing this for years, and for some reason I go from September to September. Then I tally my personal top ten for the year based strictly on my own enjoyment or edification. Well, it's that time of year, so here you go.

This year I read/listened to 71 books. 22 of these were audio books. 17 were children's titles. 7 were adult books. The rest fall under teen. Surprise, surprise. I love young adult literature. Kisses to all you authors who write for teens.

Here is this year's list, in no order:


  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (teen)

  • Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (adult)

  • Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer (teen)

  • Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (teen)

  • Before I Die by Jenny Downham (teen)

  • Breathe: a Ghost Story by Cliff McNish (kids)

  • Falling Boy by Alison McGhee (teen)

  • On Agate Hill by Lee Smith (adult)

  • The New Policeman by Kate Thompson (teen)

  • Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean (kids)

3 comments:

The Floating Lush said...

I've just started The New Policeman and am loving it! I just now requested the sequel, The Last of the High Kings.

Donell said...

I loved it too. I'm curious about what you think of the sequel?

The Floating Lush said...

I haven't read the sequel yet--it's still "pending" status.


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010