Thursday, March 4, 2010

Etsy Purchase: Vintage Floral Serving Spoon!








I love Etsy. And vintage. And collecting things. That's why I was so easily inspired to buy this beautiful spoon after reading The Vintage Table: Personal Treasures and Stand-Out Settings by Jacqueline DeMontravel. It features such pretty pieces mixed and matched. So, it put me on the hunt for the lovely things that I did not inherit, but still long for.

I found this treasure of a spoon at:Round to It and Vintage.
Here is the description:
"Grand styled deeply etched serving spoon from the 1930/40’s era but could be earlier. Hallmarked with a shamrock and labeled “EPNS (electroplated nickel silver) ENGLAND”. Spoon measures 7.5” long and the bowl is 1.75 across which indicates a good serving size."


I love the dimensional flowers! I have visions of my table covered with an embroidered cloth, with mismatched dishes and accessories with loads of personality. And pretty iced cakes and adorable teacups. Dream with me, here.

No comments:


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010