Saturday, October 18, 2008

No more avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

I took down my Yahoo avatar today. She is just too thin, even though she is supposedly plus sized. I liked her because she was cute, and I thought it was fun that I could pose her in front of a library and give her a black cat companion just like my cat Thelma. But, let's face it. She is skinny and I am not.

The last straw was when my dad was searching my blog trying to find his birthday post.
"Do you see your picture?" I asked.
"I see a picture of a little girl and a cat," he replied.
When I explained to him that it was a "plus size" avatar, he said, "Well, everyone lies on the Internet." :)

Though I wouldn't mind losing some weight, I'm fairly content with the way I look. I'm not interested in a great modification of the truth. Would it be too much to ask to have an avatar that looks more like the real me? C'mon, Yahoo. I can't be the only one who'd like it.

No comments:


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010