Friday, September 26, 2008

Before We Count Sheep: Pajamarama!

Last night at my library,


babyBrown_01.jpg
Originally uploaded by solupine

I gave my first family bedtime storytime. I only had three takers, but they obligingly came dressed in jammies and with a special sleep friend. I say friend because there were two stuffed animals, and one rock named "Tree." :)

Here is our reading list:

• Harris, Peter. The Night Pirates.
• Kellogg, Steven. A-Hunting We Will Go.
• MacDonald, Margaret Read. The Squeaky Door.
Numeroff, Laura. When Sheep Sleep.
Rathman, Peggy. Good Night, Gorilla.
Saltzberg, Barney. Cornelius P. Mud, Are You Ready For Bed?
• Schwartz, Viviane. Timothy and the Strong Pajamas.
Willems, Mo. Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!

The Squeaky Door was a huge hit. Every time Grandma kissed anyone, from the little boy to the pig, I made a big smacking sound and they giggled like crazy. They also liked the noise that the oil can made. We had a fine time.

No comments:


Thelma-Louise
1993-2009

Guinan 1990?-2009

Griffin ?-2010